As a General Rule Chicken Farmers Make money by 1) Fresh Eggs 2) Fertilized Eggs 3) Day Old Chicks 4) Meat Birds 5) Feathers 6) Chicken Manure 7) Making Chicken Coops Today the 37% share of the meat market in the world is of poultry
Ways to Make Money by Chicken Farming
- Fresh Eggs
- Fertilized Eggs
- Day Old Chicks
- Making Chicken feeds
- Meat Birds
- Chicken feathers
- Chicken manure
- Building Chicken Coops
- Stewing Hens
- Selling Fancy Birds
- Writing Books / Online
Ways to Make Money by Chicken Farming – The poultry farming market is getting bigger day by day. People are making more and more profit out of it. Today the 37% share of the meat market in the world is of poultry. Annually, the amount of, only, chicken consumed is more than 60 billion. In the food production category, the highest numbers of shares are of chicken farming. Therefore, a chicken farmer must be more systematic and goal-oriented to profit from his chicken farm. For this purpose, this article will extensively educate you on how to make enough profit out of a chicken farm.
Sit back! And start your chicken farm journey with us. I will tell you the 12 ways to earn a handsome profit out of a chicken farm.
Importance of Chicken Farming?
The following points will explain why chicken farming is an important business to make a lot of money.
Our Extensive Guide – Free Range Chicken Farming – Large Scale
How Much Capital does it Require?
Chicken farming does not require huge capital. This is because you need the capital for basic utilities, and you can start the farm in your backyard with a few coops or cages. Until or unless you start farming on a commercial scale, you don’t need much capital. Therefore, it is a great option for entrepreneurs to take the start.
Can get High returns in a Short Period?
The chicken business is among those businesses in which you can expect high revenue in a short period because chicken is ready for selling in the market in just 4 to 5 weeks. It means that you don’t need to put in a lot of money and wait for many months or even years to collect.
See Our Extensive Guide – Family size Chicken Farm
Has Global Demand?
Chicken provides the consumer with highly nutritious food at fairly fewer prices. Undoubtedly, chicken is an inexpensive source of meat protein. There is global demand for fresh and nutritious chicken meat. Therefore, it will not be wise not to earn a profit with chicken farming.
Ease of Marketing?
Chicken meat marketing is one of the most easily accessible markets. There are already established markets in every region where you can sell your products. Besides, the better supply and demand of chicken earns you a great profit.
You will be facing the following hurdles if you are going to start your chicken farm. To pass through smoothly, you need to take the following guidelines in your mind to earn maximum profit.
1. Acquire the land and the housing in a comfortable location
The location of your farm is very critical, according to the perspective of marketing. A good location can earn you a handsome profit by decreasing the cost of transport. Similarly, the location of a farm far away from the market can increase the cost of transport and resultantly decreases the amount of profit.
At the same time, housing is also critical regarding bird health and consequently the profit you want to make. Many farmers that are unaware of the housing protocol lose their flock and suffer a huge setback. Therefore, you should follow the standard hygiene protocol for the better health of your birds. Remember that the most effective strategy in the poultry sector to save your bird from diseases is to prevent them from occurring.
See Our Extensive Guide – Chicken Farm Essentials, Coop, Feeders, Waterers
2. Selecting and purchasing healthy and High Producing Birds
Poultry farming comes under the shadow of animal husbandry in which a farmer raises domesticated birds such as chicken, turkeys, ducks, and geese. The most widely opted farming throughout the world is chicken.
First of all, you should select the type of farming you will do, egg farming or meat farming. Then comes the time for deciding the breed. There are many breeds of each bird, and each of them has a different production potential. You need to select the breed which provides you the maximum production in a shortest time interval. Remember to choose a trustworthy breeder in the market to purchase the chicks. Don’t compromise on the well-being of chicks.
3. Feeding and Maintenance
Next, the crucial step in chicken farming is the feeding and management of chicks. In actuality, chicks need a little extra care for development and growth. Availability of water and nutrition all the time is essential. Certainly, you should pay attention to seasonal stress, humidity, rain, and other environmental effects to protect your birds. You should select and purchase good quality feed for your birds. A good quality feed containing all the essential nutrients is essential for the development and growth of your birds.
See Our Extensive Guides – What do Baby Chickens Eat
You should consult a veterinarian or a farmer to make a feed plan for your chicks. Chicks need different kinds of nutrition at different ages. Therefore, you should provide them a balanced diet for their healthy growth. Exposure to light is essential for your chicks, and therefore you should manage the exposure of light just as recommended according to their age.
Vaccination is essential for the prevention of your birds from various diseases prevailing in the chicken birds. If you fail to vaccinate your birds, they will suffer different diseases like ND, bird flu, etc. For better health and production of your birds, it is necessary to vaccinate the flock.
All these guidelines are essential to raising a better flock. Resultantly, a better flock will earn you a better profit. Moreover, I must tell you for your motivation that there are several ways to earn a profit if you are raising chicken in your backyard or on a commercial scale. You should need to be consistent in your work, and your money will return to you with more extras.
12 Ways to Earn Money From Chicken Farming.
1. Fresh eggs
Many people in your neighborhood want to fill the breakfast with fresh backyard chicken eggs. Furthermore, people are wise, and they prefer backyard chicken eggs over pale yolk eggs. You should cash their interest. In addition, you should not confuse over the price. The price of the organic egg is always high than common table eggs.
Moreover, when you have established yourself for commercial farming, you will have an already set market to sell your eggs.
See Our Extensive Guide – How Many Eggs Do I Need
2. Fertilized Eggs
If you have a rooster at your farm, you can cash people’s desire to raise backyard birds. Many people are willing, just like you, to raise chicken in their backyard to earn profit. You should be the one to provide them the chance. Furthermore, there is a plus point in this; you can charge more than the normal egg price for a fertilized egg. You should also sell the fertilized eggs to the breeder.
See Our Extensive Guide – 11 Steps – How to Hatch Eggs Without Their Mother
3. Day-old Chicks
Many people want to purchase day-old chick to avoid the hassle of hatching eggs. Furthermore, farmers usually evaluate the bird loss in autumn and want to restock their flock. You should cash farmer’s interest and sell day-old chicks.
4. Sell Meat Birds
There is nothing better in taste than pasture-raised organic chickens. And once you have tasted an organic chicken, you will never go back to grocery store chicken. Furthermore, there is a huge market for chicken meat, and you can earn a handsome profit out of it.
|Meat||Calories / lb|
For farmers who don’t want the hassle of managing day-old chicks, pullets are a great option. Pullets are the birds that are just about to lay eggs. It benefits the buyer in several ways. It is easy for them to know the gender and save them from managing non-productive birds.
6. Sell Stewing Hens
Stewing hens are those layer birds who have stopped laying eggs. Some people don’t find them worthy, but actually, they are. You can make money by selling stewing hens. Their meat will not be as tender as you get from a meat hen, but people want them for stew.
7. Ornamental Feathers
You will be amazed to see the beautiful styles and colors of heritage chickens, which mostly come in roosters. Many crafters and fishermen love to make them in use. You have a big opportunity to cash their desires.
8. Chicken Manure
Chicken manure is amazingly high in nitrogen and is famous as back gold. Black gold offers tremendous value for growing plants.
See Our Extensive Guide – How Can I use Chicken Poop in my Worm Farm
9. Homemade Chicken Feed
Commercial chicken feed is expensive, and many farmers challenge its quality. If you have a recipe, you can earn a handsome profit out of it.
10. Sell fancy birds
You can sell fancy birds at high prices at an auction. If you have a small number of fancy birds, sell them to individuals at high prices; otherwise, go to auctions.
11. Write about Chicken Farming Online
Once you are a farming expert, you can make people learn from your writings. Create your website and start writing blogs on chicken farming.
12. Make or sell Chicken Coops
Maybe you are good at manufacturing chicken coops or having old coops replaced with new ones. In both situations, you can earn a profit by selling chicken coops.
See Our Extensive Guide – Do I Need to Close the Chicken Coop at Night (with Videos)
This article has shared many ideas and views to start your chicken farming from a backyard and grow to a commercial scale by earning profit in several ways. No matter a small one or a big one, a chicken farm will never end in the coop. Undoubtedly, it will take dedication, hard work, consistency, and advertisement to establish its customers.
Whether you start a backyard farm or a commercial level farm, all you need is the basic information that I have summarized in this article, like housing, feeding, management, etc.
- Do Chickens Have Sex – Rooster Mating Dance
- Do Chickens Have Teeth? What is Egg Tooth
- 12 Ways to Make Money by Chicken Farming—Extensive Guidelines for Chicken Farmers
- Do Chickens Have Nipples? Can you Milk a Chicken
- When can Chicks go Outside?
- My Chickens Molting or Mites
- What do Baby Chickens Eat – Extensive Guide
- Can Pigs Live with Chickens? Pro’s & Con’s
- Why Can’t Chickens Fly? / Why Do Chickens Have Wings if they Don’t Fly
- How Can I use Chicken Poop in my Worm Farm (with 2 Videos)
- Can Chickens Recognize Their Owners
- Raising Worms as Chicken Feed / Organic Natural Food
- What is the Most Aggressive Chicken / 15 Qualities
- Why Do Chickens Need Red Light – 6 Main Reasons
- Why Do Chickens Drool – 13 Reasons
- Can Chickens Sleep Standing Up?
- Why Do Chickens Bury Themselves in the Dirt / 7 Types
- Why Do Chickens Turn Their Eggs / Videos
- Why Do Chickens Rub Their Beaks / Beak Trimming Videos
- How Does a Rooster Fertilize an Egg / DIY Science Project
- Why Do Chickens Have White and Dark Meat – 5 Videos
- Why Do Chickens Kick Eggs out of the Nest Attack Chicks / 3 Videos
- Can You Neuter a Rooster / Caponizing/ Graphic ( 4 With Videos)
- Do Guard Geese Protect Chickens from Hawks?
- Asil Chicken – Most Dangerous Chicken (Videos)
- How to Deworm Your Chickens (With 5 Videos)
- Why Do Chickens Not Hatch (With Videos)
- Are Chickens Blind at Night (With Videos)
- Why Do Chickens Wings have Hair – Ultimate Feather Guide
- Do Chickens Have Good Hearing?
- What Colors are Chickens Eyes
- Why Are My Chickens Dying – 15 Reasons
- Do Rabbits Eat Grass – Can You Feed Grass Clippings to Your Chickens 18 Pros / Con (with Videos)
- How do Chicken eggs get Fertilized – External or Internal Fertilization?
- Do Chickens Have Periods ( with Videos)
- Do I Need to Close the Chicken Coop at Night (with Videos)
- Calming Your Chicken
- Why Chickens Feces Stained Their Vent Feathers – Videos
- Why do Chickens Eat Their Own Eggs? 9 Reasons
- Free Range Chicken Farming – Large Scale
- Do Chickens Like to be Petted – Absolutely
- Can You Litter Train a Chicken – Here’s How
- Raising Rabbits and Chickens Together – Pro’s & Con’s
- Can Chickens Eat Cat Food? Is it Safe?
- 11 Steps – How to Hatch Eggs Without Their Mother
- 31 Ways – How to Get Chickens to Stop Pecking at Each Other
- Chickens vs Turkey What’s the Difference Anyway
- 6 Reasons Chickens Abandon their Eggs
- Do Chickens Get along with Rabbits / Pros / Cons
- Chickens vs Roosters What’s the Difference
- Can Baby Chickens Eat Bread? Ultimate Guide
- How far will a Free Range Chicken Roam – I’m Freeee!
- How Long Does it Take for a Chicken to Grow to Eating Size
- Chicken Farm Essentials, Coop, Feeders, Waterers
- Rare Breed Chicken Farming
- Starting a Chicken Farm in Christchurch
- 12 Signs of Chicken Fowl Cholera – Symptoms / Prevention
- What is the Gestation Period for a Chicken?
- Chicken Farming Free Range vs Chicken Run (3 Videos)
- Family size Chicken Farm – How Many Eggs Do I Need
- How Long for Chicken to begin Laying
- What Exactly is a Chicken Farm Battery